[rt-users] StockAnswers-like functionality for RT3.0

matthew zeier mrz at intelenet.net
Sat Mar 15 12:34:15 EST 2003

> I have a couple of problems with the way StockAnswers was done previously:
>
>  - Relies on storing answers in JavaScript

I thought javascript was just the method to insert the stockanswer content
into the ticket - how is it stored?

> I think it would be cool to have a drop down in the "Update Ticket" screen
> that would let you:
>
>  - select a canned reply from a list of titled inquiries
>  - refresh screen with that canned reply populated into the text box

Isn't this how stockanswers currently works?  I already integrated
stockanswers into RT3 (no code changes needed other than the html files for
the stockanswers link).

> Anyway, this seems to me to be a simple way to get this sort of
> functionality without re-inventing the wheel too badly.  Thoughts?  I
> think this should be a standard feature in RT 3.x.  Can we make it happen?

Ideally this is what RTFM will be able to do.  That seems a better route
than redoing stockanswers.

- mz