[rt-users] rt3 - LookupExternalUserInfo and LDAP auth

Stewart James stewart.james at vu.edu.au
Mon Mar 17 00:54:26 EST 2003

Attached is a file User_Local.pm Drop is it to yout /opt/rt3/lib/RT
directory, read the top of the file. This is a modification from (I think)
Marcelo Bartsch, I just had to make a few changes to work on my system,
basically tries a local auth, then an LDAP auth, hopefully there is not
any security issue from what I have done, but if there is I hope someone
spots it. Not extensivley tested in rt3. But so far seems to be ok for me.

I have rt2 getting information from LDAP when someone sends an email to
rt, they were lookedup in LDAP and the username in LDAP associated with
the email address in their account - basically it patched
LookupExternalUserInfo.

I have tried to do the same thing in rt3, but fouind that the
Auth::MailFrom seems to do it's own thing (has it's own GetCurrentUser(?)
that never makes use of the LookupExternalUserInfo. I have tried to create
a Auth::LDAPMail Module, but have not had much luck. Has anyone else got
this sort of thing happening in rt3 yet? I only want people who use the
system to be imported so rt-import.pl is not what I am after (although it
does not take match to get that owkring with rt3 - I tested that too).

ANyone with anyideas?

Thanks,

Stewart