[rt-users] wrong reply-to on postfix-virtualhosts-RT2-AdminWatchers

J. Sloan js138 at eng.cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 19 05:05:56 EST 2003

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, vince cagud wrote:

> cant anyone help? am at my wit's end.
>
> -- vince.
>
> vince cagud wrote:
>

> > hello. i have a RH8.0 machine with the stock Postfix, and RT2 and it's
> > running. i use a virtualhost for the email address however, so the
> > machine name is not the domain name of the rt subsystem. the problem
> > is, when i add AdminWatchers and the scrips for notifyoncreate kicks
> > in, i get the machine name as the domain on the reply-to and the From
> > parts of the header. i'd like it to have the proper RT system domain.
> > am i missing something out? thanks.

What are the email addresses for those users in the database?  Are they
fully qualified?

Do you define CanonicalizeAddress in config.pm

It's also unclear to me whether it is RT or postfix which is conjuring up
the domain.  Might be worth tweaking RT/Action/SendEmail.pm to write to a
file to see what RT is sending into Postfix.

John