[rt-users] Added bounce Detection for RT3

Stewart James stewart.james at vu.edu.au
Wed Mar 19 23:47:15 EST 2003

Hi,

Here is my loose bounce detection for rt3. As usual not really tested, but
working for me.

thse are diffs ofr ~rt3/lib/RT/Action/Sendmail.pm and
~rt3/lib/Interface/Email.pm

Add:

 Set($BounceDomain, "yourdomain.com");

to your RT_SiteConfig.pm where yourdomain is where you want your bounces
to go to.

Under sendmail I put an alias

bounce+*: "|/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action comment --url http://WEBURL"

THe queue is not important, email sent to people is sent as
bounce+ticket-#@vu.edu.au The system should figure out from that which
ticket to put the message into so the queue is not important.

Also you must add a user 'bounce' (I set the real name to Bounced Message
- that way users see "Bounced Message VIA RT") and give use bounce tha
ability to comment on all tickets globally.

I worked on this while doing other bits and peices so hope I did not
forget any other files I have altered.

I'm not too worried about this but you might: Sendmail will add a warning
that www-data sent mail as bounce+yadayada, I think you can add www-data
to trusted users of senbmail for that to be stopped. I do not mind the
system doing this myself.

If someone tries this and gets it working please let me know. Be aware,
that there is no 'loop' detection on this - if a non-requestor is
generating the bounces you will get a loop happening.

Stewart