[rt-users] RT3 RC4 auto create of non-privileged users fails

Chris Hardie chris at summersault.com
Sat Mar 22 10:17:01 EST 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Chris Hardie wrote:

> Hi.  I've got RT3 RC4 running on FreeBSD 4.7 with Postgres 7.2, using
> qmail as the MTA.
>
> Everything works fine so far except that when a non-existent user sends
> e-mail to the e-mail gateway, a message is generated to RTOwner with
> subject "Could not load a valid user" that says "RT could not load a valid
> user, and RT's configuration does not allow for the creation of a new user
> for your email."

It turns out that assigning the privilege "Create Ticket" to the Global
System Group "Unprivileged" was all that needed to happen to fix this.
The documentation I reviewed implies that this is the default behavior
without any such action being needed, so I'm hoping my pain can benefit
anyone else who might fall into the same confusion.

Chris