[rt-users] Patch for QuickSearch

simran simran.list at reflectit.com
Wed Mar 26 18:09:09 EST 2003

Hi All,

I'm on a very new user to RT (installed RT3 2 days ago)

Excellent product - thanks Jesse.

The little bit of information that i felt would be immensely useful but
not available on the home page was:

  * The number of tickets that are "new" and owned by "Nobody"

I have attached a little patch that enables that on the home page in
case anyone is interested.

  * The patch puts a number next to each queue of the number of tickets
    that are "new" and owned by "Nobody" - it colors the number red if
    the number is > 0, else is leaves the number black.

Also, a question about escalation, i got the "escalator" script from the
contrib directory, had to play around with it a bit to make it work for
rt3 - i assume it was written for rt2. My question, how do other people
handle how escalation happens? Do you also have the "escalator" or is
there an automatic/internal way that i am missing?
(I'm assuming that there is an automatic/internal way that i am missing,
as it does not make sense to have "priority"'s in the core of the
product if the core never automatically updates priorities).

simran.