[rt-users] Adding multiple users

seph seph at directionless.org
Wed Mar 26 23:52:56 EST 2003

> We would like to add in excess of 100 users to RT and don't really want to
> do that number via the web interface. Is there a way to add users from the
> command line (I haven't found it in the documentation but I could be missing
> it!), which could be easily scripted.

I don't think the rt3 command line client is working, but that still
leaves youwith various other options.

  your script could post to the webpage for you. This is pretty easy,
  it's what the rt-mailgate does, for example.

  your script could call the RT api directly. perldoc the various rt
  files, they include ocs on how to use their functions.

  you RT instance could use external auth, and something to create the
  accounts as needed.

  If appropriate, you could use one of the existing rt user import
  scripts. (see contrib)

seph