[rt-users] RT_SiteConfig.pm has nothing

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Mar 27 13:11:22 EST 2003

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 11:21:59PM +0200, Shmulik Gazit wrote:
> Tony,
>
> It actually says in the manual to first copy RT_Config to RT_SIteConfig and
> THEN start doing the changes.
> The fact that it doesn't say it in the Congratulations part is probably
> confusing, agreed.

Yes. the congratulations message needs cleaning up

> Also, why RT_SiteConfig wouldn't start as a copy of RT_Config (thus doing
> nothing too, if you don't change anything), eludes me.

RT's upgrade procedure should _never_ overwrite an existing RT_SiteConfig,
as you may have modified values locally. But if you have "old" default
values in that file, they may mask new changed and/or fixed default
values specified in a new RT_Config