[rt-users] Limiting what tickets requestors can see

Jeremy Doran fox-rt_users at vulpes.net
Thu Mar 27 13:40:43 EST 2003

Hi,

A couple of questions.

First of all, we're looking to see if it's possible for customers (ie,
people external to our environment) who send in tickets can log into RT
and see their tickets from the web interface. I see that this is
possible from setting the ShowTicket privilege, but the problem here is
that they can just type in any ticket number, and as long as they have
that permission for that queue, they can see _any_ ticket in that queue.
Is there any permission that should be set that will restrict that
requestor to _only_ see tickets that they have requested?

Secondly, I know that right now there is no CLI (rt or rtadmin scripts)
for RT3.0. Is there any estimate on when there might be? We're on 2.0.15
at the moment and cannot move to 3.0 yet as we have reporting
dependencies on the command line utilities.

Regards,
--
Jeremy Doran <fox-rt_users at vulpes.net>