[rt-users] Non-staff users and permissions.

Vadim Belman voland at lflat.org
Fri Mar 28 11:20:07 EST 2003

	I have started with RT at my new job recently where conditions are
different with what it was at the last place. In fact, here we have
several corporate customers for whom we would like to have separate
queues with watchers being set in a way that every employee of a
customer sees all replies to tickets in the related queue.

	But as I have discovered neither there is a way to form groups of
non-staff users in RT nor it is possible to give a non-staff user access
to a specific queue as those kind of users aren't visible at all.

	One way around this would be turning on the 'Let this user be granted
rights' option for all of them and giving very limited rights. But as a
side effect of this a limited user can see all other users in the system
which is not acceptable as we don't want them to see who our other
customers are.

	I wonder if it's a design flaw which can be overcome? Will it change in
the future?

--
			/Vadim Belman