[rt-users] ticket attachment link not working - path not created

Ward, Chris CWard at vidyah.com
Fri Mar 28 18:13:08 EST 2003

Heya,

I'm having a problem with attachements of any size not getting saved or not
being linked properly. basically the attachment shows up in the ticket as a
link but the link doesnt work. For example I see I should have a
rt.site.com/Ticket/Attachemnt/9/27/filename.txt file per the link in the
ticket but when I click on the link I get a forbidden error.. I can go look
in the "Ticket/Attachemnt" folder and I see that the path is not created..
If I manually create it and drop the file there the ticket then works fine.
I've searched the messages and see alot of info about sending attachments as
forwards or whatnot but nothing about this. I get the feeling that it should
be saving the attachment in the database so I'm not sure why I'm getting a
hard file system path in the first place.. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Config:
rt-3.0.0 (although the same results from 2.0.15)
apache 1.3.27 as nobody
perl-suidperl 5.8.0

Cya,
Chris.