[rt-users] Int.characters in tickets: bug or config problem?

Gerald Rüscher gruescher at gmx.de
Mon May 5 06:09:56 EDT 2003

Dear all,

Regarding RT 3.0.1:

we still have severe problems with tickets containing
any international characters like ö ä ü ß é è ê â etc.

Tickets created by eMails containig such characters are
simply broken (only the subject line displays correctly)
and replies from the web interface do not work at all
(the reply mail seems to be truncated after the first
non-7-bit characters)

This is very sad because it keeps us from releasing RT
to public use.

So my question is:

1) Is this a (known) bug?

2) If not: How do I configure RT to handle this stuff correctly?

Many thanks für any help!

Jerry
--
Gerald Rüscher
Lt. Rechnerbetreuung Mathematik
ruescher at math.upb.de

Universität Paderborn
Fakultät V - Mathematik/Informatik/Elektrotechnik
Warburger Str. 100
D-33098 Paderborn
Tel : 05251/60-2600
Fax : 05251/60-3729