[rt-users] Int.characters in tickets: bug or config problem?

Kristian Rønningen krmm at nordkapp.net
Tue May 6 05:03:55 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 19:34, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> lists.fsck.com. But I'd a�lso appreciate it if you can verifya that it�s
> still an issue with 3.0.2pre5. (Sorry for the german keyboard induced

I recently upgraded from 3.0.0 to 3.0.2pre5, hoping norwegian characters
would work, but I am still seeing the same problems as I used to. I
noticed that during 'make upgrade' it failed to find some files in
'./local/' somewhere, I don't know if that could be part of the problem,
since that directory wasn't in the tarball. (I can probably find the
full error-message(s) if you want.)

These are my emailencoding-options in RT_SiteConfig.pm:

@EmailInputEncodings = qw(iso-8859-1 utf-8 us-ascii) unless
(@EmailEncodings);
Set($EmailOutputEncoding , 'iso-8859-1');

And this is in my VirtualHost-section in httpd.conf:

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

(Should this be changed to ISO-8859-1?)

A few other things I noticed after some testing is when viewing a ticket
where the requestors name has norwegian characters in it, the name shows
up as "More about Kristian =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F8nningen?="

And an even stranger thing - I replied to a ticket with the text:

a æ a
b ø b
c å c

And when I get back to the ticket-page, my reply looks like this:

a æ a
ø b
å c

The first "b" and "c" are gone! (The space is still there, but doesn't
show up in html, only in the mailed reply.)

Also, the From: header contains this:
=?ISO-8859-1?B?IktyaXN0aWFuIFL4bm5pbmdlbiB2aWEgUlQiIDxub3Jka2FwcEBub3Jka2FwcC5uZXQ+?=@sm1.nordkapp.net
Didn't find anything in the docs that explains why it is like that.

Hope this helps in some way

--
Kristian Rønningen <krmm at nordkapp.net>