[rt-users] Re: rt upgrade / test

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Thu May 8 05:06:01 EDT 2003

On Donnerstag, Mai 8, 2003, at 10:56  Uhr, Matthew Frick wrote:

> hate to send again but there was no response last time and I will be
> acting on
> this tomorrow so would like to know any pitfalls before I continue.
>
>> Figured I would ask quickly before I go ahead and do it ...
>>
>> I am currently running an old version of rt (1.7) and I am looking at
>> upgrading to 3.01 but I want to install 3.01 and have a look at it
>> first
>> and make sure it is going to fit our needs before trashing the old
>> set up
>> ie. I am doing a new install not using the upgrade utils. So my
>> question is
>> will having a 3.01 install on the same machine as an older version in
>> anyway effect the operation of the previous version (that you know
>> of)?

You cannot do this with mod_perl on the same apache instance. But if
You can setup another apache on another port or use fastcgi or
speedycgi for RT, there should be no problem. I don't know if rt 1.7 is
an early rt 2 beta, but if that is tha case, You could possibly import
the old tickets as well.

Regards,
     Harald

--
Harald Wagener * FCB/Wilkens * An der Alster 42 * 20099 Hamburg