[rt-users] Could not load a valid user

Ryan Wheaton ryan.wheaton at moguls.com
Fri May 9 11:26:34 EDT 2003

Whenever someone besides those users that have been manually entered sends
an email to RT to open a new ticket, I (the RT admin) gets the following
email:

RT could not load a valid user, and RT's configuration does not allow
for the creation of a new user for your email.

And, I'm also seeing similar things in my httpd error_log:

[Fri May  9 14:55:39 2003] [error]: RT could not load a valid user, and RT's
configuration does not allow
for the creation of a new user for your email.
 (/usr/rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:483)

yet, in my RT_SiteConfig.pm file, i have this set:

Set($SenderMustExistInExternalDatabase , 0);

which is the only thing that I can find that sets whether you can add
non-priveleged users via email or not.

is this set somewhere else, or am i missing something?

thanks,

-rtw