[rt-users] RT 302pre6: again character enconding errors

Dirk Pape pape-rt at inf.fu-berlin.de
Sun May 11 05:19:41 EDT 2003

Hello,

we see again errors with 8-bit character encoding conversions. But the
pattern is defiierent than before. RT behaves well for some time,
converting between character set and displaying correctly in the web and in
different MUAs.

Suddenly - after some time apache is running - RT fails with this, and
all/many (we do not really know) mails have mangled international
characters and even the web display of the tickets are wrong.

We do not know, what triggers that behaviour, but we will investigate
further here and report if we know more.

This mail is to report the issue early.

Regards,
Dirk.

--
Dr. Dirk Pape (Leiter des Rechnerbetriebs)
FB Mathematik und Informatik der FU-Berlin