[rt-users] Email threading in RT 3.0.2: worse than in RT 2

Dirk Pape pape-rt at inf.fu-berlin.de
Tue May 13 02:47:06 EDT 2003

Hello Jesse

--Am Montag, 12. Mai 2003 19:16 Uhr -0400 schrieb Jesse Vincent
<jesse at bestpractical.com>:

> That feature never made it into the RT2 Core. perhaps you were runnning
> a third party patch? It's on the vague list for RT3.0.x, but will happen
> quicker if someone provides a clean patch.

I am sure, I were not runnig a third party patch. Perhaps RT2 was different
in *not stripping* In-Reply-To- and Reference-Headers form mails, when
external MUAs created them.

This would be a *step one* to restore threading functionality in RT3.

step two would be that RT3 creates meaningful Headers as well, when mail is
created from the web interface.

step three: guessing meaningful Headers for mail which comes from extern
from MUAs that do not care about creating/preserve them.

I will try to look into this soon.

Dirk.