[rt-users] Can't call method "Parse" when sending email ...

Brett, Colin Colin.Brett at proquest.co.uk
Tue May 13 10:57:52 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have managed to get RT3.0.0 to recognise an overdue ticket and immediately
boost its priority to the max for that queue. When I try to send an email
warning, using the crontab command below, I get the output shown.

=====
Your "cron" job on jaguar
/opt/rt3/bin/rt-crontool --search RT::Search::ActiveTicketsInQueue
--search-arg IT_Help --condition RT::Condition::Overdue --condition-arg 1
--action RT::Action::SendEmail --action-arg All --verbose

produced the following output:

Can't call method "Parse" on an undefined value at
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm line 234.

48: Condition matches...
=====

Obviously "Parse" isn't working because some value (probably the recipient)
isn't set. The IT_Help queue has both CorrespondenceAddress and
CommentAddress set to my email (colin.brett at proquest.co.uk).

Has anyone seen this before?
Regards,
Colin Brett