[rt-users] RT2 to RT3 conversion troubles -

Mick Szucs mick at onramp.ca
Tue May 13 11:27:32 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 15:13, Mick Szucs wrote:
> ----
> [crit]: syntax error at rt2/tickets-1000/t-1007 line 2298, near "!"
>   (Might be a runaway multi-line '' string starting on line 2293)
> Compilation failed in require at ./dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 line 443.
>  (/opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm:232)
> ----

Here's the section of t-1007 that caused the problem:

----
{
                               'Creator' => '23',
                               'Attachment' => [
                                                 {
                                                   'Creator' => '23',
                                                   'ContentType' =>
'multipart/mixed',
                                                   'Subject' =>
'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX',
                                                   'TransactionId' =>
'13111',
                                                   'Created' =>
'2002-01-09 15:11:58+00',
                                                   'Headers' =>
Subject: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
'
                                          !      },
----

Note the extra "!" in there at the bottom?  Where the hell did that come
from?  Looks like a possible bug in the rt2-to-dumpfile script in
rt2-to-rt3-v1.12?

The aborted conversion seriously muckered up my rt3 install, I've had to
start from scratch again.

Hey - and this is really strange - after the conversion failed
subsequent attempts to run just about anything related to RT puked:

---
Can't modify not in scalar assignment at
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm line 404, near "0 unless"
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm line 2204.
---

As I said, I've just started from scratch again, and that chunk of
Ticket_Overlay.pm looks like this:

---
    # {{{ Dealing with time fields

    $args{'TimeEstimated'} = 0 unless defined $args{'TimeEstimated'};
    $args{'TimeWorked'}    = 0 unless defined $args{'TimeWorked'};
    $args{'TimeLeft'}      = 0 unless defined $args{'TimeLeft'};
---

But when it was failing (before I reinstalled everything) that first
line had a phantom ! at the beginning of it too!

I'm working around the problem now, but it does seem like something
buggy is going on in the conversion scripts, no?

Thanks,

Mick