[rt-users] email address format problem

Mike Jackson mjj at isorauta.ntc.nokia.com
Wed May 14 06:15:00 EDT 2003

Hi,
 RT 2.0.15 will not allow me to add a user with an email address such
as:

john.b.baggins at company.com

 It complains:

    * EmailAddress: Illegal value for EmailAddress

 Fine, I edited the email address manually in the database.

 Now when the user responds to a ticket, the mail does not get sent out.

 I've grepped through the perl scripts and modules to try to "fix" this
problem, but couldn't seem to find it.

 It is a "must" to fix this, as this is how some of the smtp addresses
are in our organization and I can't change that fact.

 Please point to the location of where I can fix this. I'm not going to
upgrade to RT3 just to fix this, even if the fix is already included.
I'll upgrade in due time :-)

Thanks,
Mike