[rt-users] email address format problem

Mike Jackson mjj at isorauta.ntc.nokia.com
Wed May 14 06:42:24 EDT 2003

ext Nils Ketelsen (nils.ketelsen at kuehne-nagel.com) wrote:
> At 13:15 14.05.2003 +0300, Mike Jackson wrote:
> >Hi,
> > RT 2.0.15 will not allow me to add a user with an email address such
> >as:
> >
> >john.b.baggins at company.com
> >
> > It complains:
> >
> >    * EmailAddress: Illegal value for EmailAddress
> >
> > Fine, I edited the email address manually in the database.
>
> Bad Idea.
>
> > Now when the user responds to a ticket, the mail does not get sent out.
> >
> > I've grepped through the perl scripts and modules to try to "fix" this
> >problem, but couldn't seem to find it.
> >
> > It is a "must" to fix this, as this is how some of the smtp addresses
> >are in our organization and I can't change that fact.
> >
> > Please point to the location of where I can fix this. I'm not going to
> >upgrade to RT3 just to fix this, even if the fix is already included.
> >I'll upgrade in due time :-)
>
> A wild guess from my side: You were not able to create the user with this
> address, because it already existed. Maybe it was "autocreated on ticket
> submission" beforehand.

Hi,
 Actually a new RT installation won't let you add a user with an email
address that has two dots before the @. At least with 2.0.15.

 Anyhow, the problem is solved now. I added a test user to my group and
mails worked for him, but not _anyone_ else. I removed all users from
the group and re-added them. That solved the problem.

--
mike