[rt-users] RT3 and unpriviledged users

Martin Schapendonk martin.schapendonk at whitehorses.nl
Thu May 15 09:30:05 EDT 2003

# I've been seeing this too (see my email User Selection RT 3.0.1).

# >   I've a problem with managing users. When I create a non priviledged
# > user (un
# >check both of the check box for managing access) and click on the Select
# >user, I see priviledged users (for examp. root) only. I cannot see other
# >(no-staff) users.
# >   Do every one know, what's wrong?

I think you're both confused of the concept of a 'non-privileged' user. A
non-privileged user is a user who can not have any rights *at all*. That's
why it doesn't show up in listings etcetera.

If you want any user to be part of a group and assign rights (other than the
rights for Everyone), that user *has* to be privileged.

So, 'privileged' in RT means: 'may have rights', whereas on OS level it
usually means 'has more rights than others'.

Does this resolve your issue?

Regards,

Martin