[rt-users] User Manual Query

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Thu May 15 11:43:16 EDT 2003

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 03:52:57PM +0100, Dan Fairs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I appear to be spamming the list today ;)
>
> Page 27 of the manual discusses the difference between Replying and
> Commenting, and it says that Replies are visible to the requestor, but not
> comments.

This is what to expect from an RT system set up as recommended in the
manual. Alot of this stuff is along the lines of RT 2, where some parts
of the system behavior could not be changed that can be now. So, the
behavior described is what happens if You set up RT 3 as told in the
manual.

> It then kind of implies that Replies will get emailed to those
> interested, as it starts talking about emails; and indeed, RT says
> 'correspondence sent' when you submit a reply. Is that the case? (My
> installation doesn't, so I need to look into why it's not happening!) Or do
> I need to delve into the scrips?

You certainly need to set up those scrips first, they are not enabled by
default, IIRC. Note that You can easily kill the distinction between
correspondence and comment by setting up the right^Wwrong^W scrips in an
unintended way.

> Incidentally, I know RT is GPL; what about the associated docs, like the
> manual? Is there a procedure for submitting 'patches' to the documentation?
> (I've got a little more to learn about the system before I start doing
> that, though ;)

The documentation currently available is a draft with a restricted
license - You are not even allowed to redistribute it. I think there is
a lost called rt-doc-workers at fsck.com, but I don't know if it is open or
closed.

Regards,
    Harald