[rt-users] Automatically Open Tickets??

Mark D. Nagel mnagel at willingminds.com
Fri May 16 11:39:23 EDT 2003

And this solution only works for e-mail replies.  If you expect a reply
in the web interface to automatically give the ticket to the person who
replied, it will (for a moment), then the ticket content (including the
original Nobody) will overwrite the changed value.  I don't think there
is a solution to this.  The reason this behavior is different in RT3
than in RT2 is that in RT2 I don't believe that the reply page included
the ticket assignee field, so there was no automatic overwrite on a
reply.  This just means you have to remember to fill in all the fields
in the reply correctly, or you will have the ticket ownership bouncing
back and forth in the ticket history until someone claims it manually.
It would be very nice if scrips could run both before and after ticket
save.  Then you could have a post-scrip that adjusts fields without
having to worry about getting your changes stomped on.  Maybe this is
possible and I have just not been properly enlightened yet.

Mark

--
Mark D. Nagel, CCIE #3177 <mnagel at willingminds.com>
Principal Consultant, Willing Minds LLC