[rt-users] RT with Qmail HOWTO

Miles Scruggs midgard at garnetws.com
Fri May 16 18:10:40 EDT 2003

Looks all good, but I still can't get it going.  What it looks like in
your Howto is that you cover how to process mail once it is received, or
does this have anything to do with outgoing mail as well?

I have no need to process incoming mail, I would just like updates and
such to be sent to the apropriate watchers when tickets are updated, and
or changed.  Here is what my logs put out

[Fri May 16 21:50:43 2003] [info]: RT::Scrip=HASH(0x9393f90): Couldn't
prepare Open Tickets (/usr/local/RT/lib/RT/Scrip_Overlay.pm:338)
[Fri May 16 21:50:44 2003] [info]:
<rt-3.0.0-14-47.0.78319641793847 at garnetws.com> #14/47 - Scrip 4
(/usr/local/RT/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:91)
[Fri May 16 21:50:44 2003] [info]:
<rt-3.0.0-14-47.0.78319641793847 at garnetws.com> sent To:  Cc:  Bcc:
exothermic at softhome.net (/usr/local/RT/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:205)
[Fri May 16 21:50:45 2003] [info]:
<rt-3.0.0-14-47.13.2152931448317 at garnetws.com> #14/47 - Scrip 5
<rt-3.0.0-14-47.13.2152931448317 at garnetws.com> sent To:  Cc:
exothermic at softhome.net,miles.scruggs at garnetws.com Bcc:
(/usr/local/RT/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:205)
[Fri May 16 21:50:45 2003] [info]:
<rt-3.0.0-14-47.9.67163978618608 at garnetws.com> #14/47 - Scrip 6
(/usr/local/RT/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:91)
[Fri May 16 21:50:46 2003] [info]:
<rt-3.0.0-14-47.9.67163978618608 at garnetws.com> No recipients found. Not
sending.
 (/usr/local/RT/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:170)

My smtp logs do not show any activity at all.

Here are what I see as the pertinate lines from the config

Set($MailCommand , 'sendmailpipe');
Set($SendmailArguments , "-oi -t");
Set($SendmailPath , "/var/qmail/bin/sendmail");

Someone sudjested that I replace the sendmail wrapper that is called in
the config with something that logs and calls a new sendmail wrapper, so
that I can see what is happening.  While I understand this in theory, I
don't know how to do it, would you be willing to elaborate.

I'm really stumped, and I'm sure I'm just missing one little thing.

Miles