[rt-users] Remaining issues in RT 3.0.2's handling of international characters

Remy Chibois rchibois at free.fr
Tue May 20 04:49:45 EDT 2003

Quoting Dirk Pape <pape-rt at inf.fu-berlin.de>:

My config:
RT: Version 3.0.2
OS: RedHat Linux 7.3
Apache: 1.3.27 with SSL
Modperl: 1
DBS. PostgreSQL 7.2.3
Perl: 5.8.0
LANG=en_US.iso885915 (tried LANG=C)
sbin/rt-testdepedencies happy with all installed perl-libs

For problem 2, the same symptoms are observed here. Is does not appear
to depend on the message itself (I have to RT instances and when a message fail
to be converted, I inject it in the other instance where it's correctly
converted, having all incoming messages saved in a mailbox before being
inject into RT). When I restart Apache, problem is cured for some time.

When I swtiched from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2, some localized strings where no longer
correctly displayed in the web interface, especially localized strings with
arguments. I try(ied) to elaborate a patch for this.