[rt-users] % sign in filename from email

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Tue May 20 07:12:56 EDT 2003

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 12:47:08PM +1000, Stewart James wrote:

> Bugger, there must have been something else unusual about that message -
> and of course because it was overloading things I failed to keep a copy of
> it.
>
> However sending the message to 3.0.0 was accepted when I did the message
> from pine, although I got an error from the web server when I tried to
> view the attachment.
>
> I do know the original came from an apple user and was sending screenshots
> to show an error he was receiving, and seem to remember the mime type
> having apple mentioned in it.

Jesse: This sounds a great deal like the message that hosed up our
system. It is also from a mac, it also has an attachment whose filename
contains percent signs. So, there is something broken. Our system is at
v3.0.2 already.

Stewart: Which Mail User Agent are Your users using? We have Netscape
4.7/4.8 on most OS 9 machines.

Regards,
    Harald