[rt-users] RT2 - Dates in Euro format

Brook Schofield b.schofield at griffith.edu.au
Tue May 20 21:44:38 EDT 2003

> Hi, any clues or has anyone modified RT to work with dates entered
> in dd/mm/yy or yyyy format? This is my next big problem. Getting
> users to enter dates in any other format will be impossible!

Fred:

RT uses Time::ParseDate for its date formats:

http://search.cpan.org/author/MUIR/Time-modules-2003.0211/lib/Time/ParseDate.pm

if you look at the code:

        my $date = Time::ParseDate::parsedate($args{'Value'},
                        UK => $RT::DateDayBeforeMonth,
                        PREFER_PAST => $RT::AmbiguousDayInPast,
                        PREFER_FUTURE => !($RT::AmbiguousDayInPast));

so you'll need to set $RT::DateBayBeforeMonth in your etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm
file.

-Brook

Brook Schofield
Senior Software Engineer
Information and Communication Technology Services
Griffith University 4111 Australia

b.schofield at griffith.edu.au
Phone: +61 (0)7 387 53779