[rt-users] CA Client Certificates and RT 3.0.2???

Michael van Elst mlelstv at dev.de.cw.net
Wed May 21 04:34:39 EDT 2003

On Wed, May 21, 2003, Greg Boug wrote:

> LWP doesn't appear
> to support client certificates, so I don't think I can graft it
> on (though if someone can point me in the direction of support
> for this, I'd be grateful)

LWP uses Crypt::SSLeay by default. There you can set the paths to the
client certificate using environment variables.

$ENV{'HTTPS_KEY_FILE'}='/foo/key.pem';
$ENV{'HTTPS_CERT_FILE'}='/foo/cert.pem';

If for some reason your perl program has loaded IO::Socket::SSL this
doesn't work as LWP switches to a different SSL implementation. But
then you can poke the LWP module a little bit:

use IO::Socket::SSL;
use LWP::Protocol::http;
@LWP::Protocol::http::EXTRA_SOCK_OPTS = (
    'SSL_key_file' => '/foo/key.pem',
    'SSL_cert_file' =>  '/foo/cert.pem'
);

Greetings,
--
    ,eM""=.            a"-.                         Michael van Elst
   dWWMWM" -          :GM==;                        mlelstv at dev.de.cw.net
  :WWMWMw=--.          "W='  cable & wireless
   9WWMm==-.
    "-Wmw-"  CABLE & WIRELESS