[rt-users] Linux versions supported.

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Fri May 23 04:53:33 EDT 2003

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 10:38:01AM -0700, Mat Brletic wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I remember being advised against using Red Hat version 8 with RT. Is
> this version still recommended against ?

I recommended not using RedHat ver. 9 without careful checking. It
worked for me after building most of the components used for RT 3 myself
(apache, perl, mysql, mod_fastcgi) and changing some of the system
defaults (setting LANG=C) before starting to compile any of the
components used. RedHat 8 works fine in my experience.

> I would also like to know if
> Red Hat Advanced Server 2.1 and United Linux 1.0 (SLES 8) are
> recommended. Any help would be appreciated.

I cannot comment on those two as I have no experience with them.

Regards,
    Harald