[rt-users] Linux versions supported.

Stephen Quinney stephen.quinney at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri May 23 05:46:36 EDT 2003

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 10:38:01AM -0700, Mat Brletic wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I remember being advised against using Red Hat version 8 with RT. Is
> this version still recommended against ? I would also like to know if
> Red Hat Advanced Server 2.1 and United Linux 1.0 (SLES 8) are
> recommended. Any help would be appreciated.

Not really an answer to your question but RT3.0.0 has now been
accepted into Debian/unstable. There should be an upload of 3.0.2
soonish as well. Given a couple of weeks it should make it into
testing. This means that all the dependencies and most common
configurations are supported out of the box. We're currently working
on Debconf support as well to make configuration really easy.

Stephen Quinney