[rt-users] Troubles with method 'POST'

Michael Stepanov frezza at narod.ru
Tue May 27 04:59:58 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I found solution for resolve my problem with method POST.
The problem is in using mod_perl and CGI together.
I found this information in the diffent places of mail list
and I think that will be useful include this patch in the
FAQ.

1) do following changes in the webmux.pl:
     -use HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler (args_method => 'CGI');
     +use HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler;

2) do following changes in the lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm sub NewMason11ApacheHandler:
     -args_method => 'CGI'
     +args_method => 'mod_perl'
3) applay a patch to the /lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm
     [batch]# patch Web.pm rt2_patch

It will permit to work with mod_perl and CGI together.
Another solution, which I founded, is using FastCGI instead of mod_perl.

Source: http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2002-September/010055.html
        http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-devel/2002-February/002079.html

Software: Red Hat 8.0, Apache 1.3.23, mod_perl 1.26 and RT 2.0.15

I hope that it will be useful for many users of RT.

-------
Best regards,
Michael