[rt-users] RT3 speed thread

Andrew Tefft dryduck at mailworks.org
Fri May 30 11:45:26 EDT 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003 08:36:44 +1000, "Phil Homewood"
<pdh at bestpractical.com> said:
> Andrew Tefft wrote:
> > I read all the articles in the "RT 3.0 Speed" thread with interest,
> > because I have the same problem. RT3 is much slower than RT2. I tweaked
> > my InnoDB options (still bad), I converted the rt3 tables to MyISAM
> > (still bad),
>
> Convert back. :-)

I was planning on it :-)

> > I made sure I had the latest version of DBIx::SearchBuilder
> > (0.82) (already had it). RT3 is still significantly slower.
>
> Can you give 3.0.3pre1 (in the devel area) a shot? It's
> drastically improved performance here.

Yep I'll give it a try.

> Also, make sure you enable mysql's query cache:
>
> set-variable    = query_cache_size=32M
> set-variable    = query_cache_type=1

I had a 16M query_cache. Changed it to 32M and went back to InnoDB  for
all but the table 'sessions' which was MyISAM to begin with. No
appreciable difference from that, but I'll try 3.0.3pre1 now and report
back.

--
  Andrew Tefft
  dryduck at mailworks.org