[rt-users] CreateGroup right?

Mike Wright mcw at grove.ufl.edu
Fri May 30 11:57:56 EDT 2003

Using RT version 3-0-2, I can't create a group unless I am (or have)
SuperUser.

This code in Group_Overlay.pm:

sub CreateUserDefinedGroup {
    my $self = shift;

    unless ( $self->CurrentUserHasRight('CreateGroup') ) {
        $RT::Logger->warning( $self->CurrentUser->Name
              . " Tried to create a group without permission." );
        return ( 0, $self->loc('Permission Denied') );

requires the "CreateGroup" right, which doesn't appear in the list of
rights to be granted.  Should that have been coded as "AdminGroup" or is
there really a separate "CreateGroup" right?

I've modified the above code to use AdminGroup and it seems to do what I'd
expect.

Mike Wright
University of Florida
mcw at grove.ufl.edu