[rt-users] RT3 speed thread

Andrew Tefft dryduck at mailworks.org
Fri May 30 14:40:20 EDT 2003

Here are my particulars:

Sun E450, 1 gig of memory, 2 processors, Solaris 7

perl 5.8.0 -- new installation, so all modules installed during the rt2
and rt3 installations are the latest versions available as of this week.

apache 1.3.27, mod_perl 1.27

mysql 4.0.13 with the following relevant entries from my.cnf. There's one
other database (besides rt1 and rt2) that gets a lot more action than rt
(I'm currently the only active rt user). mysqld is currently hovering at
about 32 megs ram and 400 megs RSS (sheesh). There's probably more
tweaking that can be done here, but I've only had mysql 4 installed for a
few days.

[mysqld]
port            = 3306
socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock
skip-locking
key_buffer = 32M
max_allowed_packet = 1M
table_cache = 64
sort_buffer_size = 1M
read_buffer_size = 1M
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 64M
thread_cache = 8
query_cache_size= 32M
query_cache_type=1
# Try number of CPU's*2 for thread_concurrency
thread_concurrency = 4

# Uncomment the following if you are using InnoDB tables
innodb_data_home_dir = /usr/local/mysql/var/
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:10M:autoextend
innodb_log_group_home_dir = /usr/local/mysql/var/
innodb_log_arch_dir = /usr/local/mysql/var/
# You can set .._buffer_pool_size up to 50 - 80 %
# of RAM but beware of setting memory usage too high
innodb_buffer_pool_size = 256M
innodb_additional_mem_pool_size = 20M
# Set .._log_file_size to 25 % of buffer pool size
innodb_log_file_size = 64M
innodb_log_buffer_size = 8M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 1
innodb_lock_wait_timeout = 50