[rt-users] Different actions on "Resolved"

Bob Goldstein bobg at uic.edu
Sun Nov 2 11:13:10 EST 2003

>Derek J. Balling wrote:
>
>> For the record, I'd also vote for this ESPECIALLY in the case of:
>>
>> <<< request
>> <<< "Thanks for getting it done"
>> --- ticket-reopens on that
>>
>This is exactly one of the reasons.
>
>Another is that we get users who write to our donation queue and then
>often write to the support queue to "let us know" they donated and our
>support queue's resolved message auto-email says something like "If
>you're happy with your support please consider donating" which doesn't
>make sense since they've just emailed us to let us know they donated and
>marking it as rejected doesn't seem right either although it is a solution.
>
>These aren't major issues, but are kinda annoying.  The issue Derek
>points out is much more of an annoyance than the latter issue I point out.

 Our previous helpdesk system was set up so that if a ticket
 was closed with some comments, those comments were emails to
 all the usual suspects, including the requestor.  However, if it
 were closed without any comments, it just closes without
 any email, for exactly the reasons above.  No extra box to
 check, just no email unless there is content to put in the email.

    bobg