[rt-users] DB initialization on rt-3-0-6

Eric G Ortego eric at opelousas.org
Tue Nov 4 11:40:36 EST 2003

On redhat 9 I cannot properly install the db...
The db initialization does not work if my mysql server is a remote
server, with the db already created I get an error saying so,
if it doesnt exist It is created with only one table then errors ,
if I try useing /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database by hand I can get the
schema setup nicely but still there is no data and no users...
/opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action acl and --action insert do not
function properly, I have tryed it with a normal mysql user and as root
and as a new user with wide open permissions.

Seems strange but the script /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database seems to
use the settings out of /opt/rt3/etc/RT_Config.pm not the ones supplyed
on the command line..... --dba --dba-password

Is this a known issue with some perl module mabe? I didn't have this
trouble on a gentoo box.