[rt-users] Filtering content before ticket creation

Jan Algermissen jalgermissen at topicmapping.com
Tue Nov 4 14:51:42 EST 2003

I have a network monitoring system and I'd like the
system to autogenerate tickets in RT. The problem I have
is that I need to filter the incoming mail for certain tokens
and fill some custom fields in the newly created ticket.

I assume that's to be done with a Scrip like this:

Condition:  OnTicketCreate
Action:    Take email's or ticket's body, parse it and assign values to
           custom field variables on the ticket objecty.

Is that approach correct?

Naturally, all pointers to implementig custom actions are welcome...

Thanks in advance,

Jan

--
Jan Algermissen                           http://www.topicmapping.com