[rt-users] help needed for RT 3.06 email workflow

Stefan Seiz talklists at index-s.de
Fri Nov 7 11:27:10 EST 2003

On 07.11.2003 17:16 Uhr, Jim Rowan <jim.rowan at starcore-dsp.com> wrote:

>> BUT i'd like to know if someone has an idea on how to
>> implement my workflow. What i'd like is some scrip to somehow
>> Notify ALL email addresses which have ever replied to a
>> ticket no matter if these email-addresses are real RT-Users
>> or not. Which would be all email addresses from ALL
>> attachments belonging to a certain ticket.
>>
>> An alternative might ba to have a custom scrip which adds the
>> sender of an email as a CC-Watcher "On Correspond" (given the
>> address is not already a watcher).
>
> I think this latter option is what you should do.  It should be pretty
> straightforward.

If only I could find some good examples of how to do custom scrips. I can't
get my head arround to understand what to do with the custom-condition,
preparation and cleanup-code etc.
If someone would have a good example, that'd help tremendously.

> However, your logic seems to have a a couple of slight
> flaws.  (may not matter in your particular scenario, though):
>
> 1.) If PersonA forwards the mail to PersonB, then it does not go to RT,
> and RT is unaware (at this point) that PersonB is involved.  Only after
> PersonB responds will RT include them in future interactions.  If some
> transaction occurs on the ticket before this time, PersonB won't get
> notified.

Which is OK in my case. For me it is sufficient involving RT after PersonB