[rt-users] Assembling Search URLs (reformulated)

Jan Algermissen jalgermissen at topicmapping.com
Sun Nov 9 16:03:04 EST 2003

Stefan Seiz wrote:

> On 08.11.2003 20:08 Uhr, Jan Algermissen <jalgermissen at topicmapping.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Here is an example to explain what I mean:
> >
> > my $queue_name = "Incidents";
> > my $related_part_serial_number = "778-889";
> >
> > # Assemble the URL that gives me all new and open tickets in queue named
> > # incidents that have the value "778-889" as the name for custom field
> > # "related_part"  (the custom field is assigned to the queue, not global!)
> >
> > my $url = "http://rt.example.de/Search/Listing.html?--WHAT GOES HERE???--
>
> What about just doing that search in RT's Web interface? After you hit
> "Search", on the left side of the screen you'll see the "Bookmarkable" URL
> to "this search". Looking at that url should give you te necessary hints.

Yes, that is what I did. I did the seach for the serial number 778_998, recorded
the URL and pasted it into me other application. The I replaced all occurrences
of 778_998 with my variable that holds the serial_number . I expected this to
work, but there seems to be hidden magic, because I don;t get the correct
search results.

> Or did I fully miss what your actual problem is?

No, and thanks for the hint and answer.

Right now I seriously wonder if what I want to do is
possible at all.

Jan

Jan Algermissen                           http://www.topicmapping.com
Consultant & Programmer	                  http://www.gooseworks.org