[rt-users] Assembling Search URLs (reformulated)

Stefan Seiz talklists at index-s.de
Mon Nov 10 02:01:06 EST 2003

On 09.11.2003 22:03 Uhr, Jan Algermissen <jalgermissen at topicmapping.com>
wrote:

>> What about just doing that search in RT's Web interface? After you hit
>> "Search", on the left side of the screen you'll see the "Bookmarkable" URL
>> to "this search". Looking at that url should give you te necessary hints.
>
> Yes, that is what I did. I did the seach for the serial number 778_998,
> recorded
> the URL and pasted it into me other application. The I replaced all
> occurrences
> of 778_998 with my variable that holds the serial_number . I expected this to
> work, but there seems to be hidden magic, because I don;t get the correct
> search results.

Allright, getting closer. So your "other application", how does it log into
rt? See your browser has an open session when doing the search - some
session-information is stored in a cookie AFAIK, so maybe your other APP
would have to deal with this too?

And you say "I don't get correct results", could you elaborate on this?
Showing us what "not correct" means could certainly help. Something like "I
did this", "expected this" but "go that" (incl. copies of your built urls
etc.) would be realy helpful. Everything else is just plain guesswork and
mind-reading ;-)

--
<http://www.StefanSeiz.com>
Spamto: <bin at imd.net>