[rt-users] Problem with CC on ticket creation

J. Sloan js138 at eng.cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 12 10:23:49 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Marshall, Darren wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There's probably a simple reason for this that I've managed to overlook,
> if so my apologies. When I create a ticket via the web gui, and add
> recipients I want to be copied to the Cc: box, they are not copied on
> the ticket creation.If I add the same users to the Admin Cc field, then
> the users get notification.Any ideas?.
>
> Regards Darren

Yes.  Examine the 'On Create' scrips both globally and for that queue.  I
suspect you'll have one which notifies AdminCCs but not one which notifies
CCs on ticket creation.

You don't mention which version of RT, so I'm not sure exactly which
scrips you'll have by default.  In RT2, the defaults are relatively sane
but have a few surprises for the unwary, as I discovered the hard way.

I can't comment on the RT3 defaults since I replaced them all anyway.

John