[rt-users] rt on fedora ?

Tim Gerla tgerla at outsourcefinancial.com
Wed Nov 12 16:36:32 EST 2003

Torkil Zachariassen wrote:
> Michael S. Liebman wrote:
>
>> At 04:53 PM 11/11/2003, Torkil Zachariassen wrote:
>>
>>> Requires: perl-DBI >= 1.18
>>

>> I believe the currently preferred form for Perl module dependencies is
>> something like perl(DBI),
>

> Yes, "Requires: perl(MODULE)" seems to work fine. It also seems to work
> if I just drop all the requirements. The sneek in again somehow, and
> show up when rpm -Uvh rt-3.0.6.i386.rpm is run.
>
>> Also, it looks like your list of module dependencies is seriously out
>> of date. Have a look at the sbin/rt-test-dependencies script for what
>> you will need in the spec file.
>
>  > Since you are working on a spec file for
>
>> RedHat, be sure to require a mod_perl2 that isn't (more seriously)
>> broken.
>

> Installed are httpd-2.0.47-10, mod_perl-1.99_09-10, mysql-3.23.58-4 and
> all the perl rpm's within fedora. Is this mod_perl broken?
>
> Sounds like you are suggesting this command to me (cf. the README)
>
> $ ./rt-test-dependencies --with-modperl1 --with-mysql

Mod_perl 1.99 is actually mod_perl 2, so you should use: --with-modperl2
instead. I just installed RT 3.0.6 (plus custom hacks ported from 3.0.4)
on an FC1 system using stock httpd and mod_perl. I used CPAN to install
all of the perl modules. Only had a little bit of trouble with
Apache::Request--I had to download a development release from the
package's web site:

http://apache.mirrors.pair.com/httpd/libapreq/libapreq2-2.01_03-dev.tar.gz

I know that installing all of the modules by hand sucks--maybe this new
project will help:

   http://rpmpan.sourceforge.net/

It looks like you could probably get most of the deps there.

Good luck!

Tim Gerla
--
Programmer, Outsource Financial Services, LLC
tgerla at outsourcefinancial.com