[rt-users] Queue assignment on SelfService ticket(was rt-users at lists.fsck.com )

Glen Epperson glen.epperson at kabira.com
Wed Nov 12 18:07:38 EST 2003

> Justin Burdine wrote:
> > I am curious, how I enable or navigate to the "self service" gui.  I
> > have heard lots of hints about it... but I can't seem to find any clear
> > description of how to set it up or use it.  Is there a clear cut how to
> > on enabeling Self Service?  any help would be great.
> You could add /SelfService to base URL in Browser.
> Also it's default interface for unpriveleged users and with right to
> access WebUI. This options on user configuration page.
> Just create new account with password and try it.

Has anyone attempted to automatically assign the queue upon creation of a
self service ticket?

I can't seem to find anywhere that I could assign this value to the users
account. I imagine that it could be done by either using the users incoming
email address or the less reliable method of parsing keywords in the
message.

It can be accomplished if the user submits the ticket via a pre-determined
email alias attached to the queue. But that would require two steps.

-Glen Epperson