[rt-users] phone & walk-ins

John Hogenmiller jhogenmiller at pennswoods.net
Thu Nov 13 10:30:42 EST 2003

List,

I'm trying to use RT for something it doesn't appear to be designed for.
  I am planning to create tickets for people that walk into our store
or call in by telephone.  I have created a user object in rt called
"walkin" that has no email address.  When creating the ticket I enter
walkin as the requestor, and a Name & Telephone number as the subject
line.

This works fine, but I would like to put the customer's name as the
requestor.  Is there anything I can change so the default behavior  is
to not assume an email address if no matching username is found?

Has anyone else done anything like this and has a better way?  Perhaps
"the way"?

Pointers to the FM are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
-John