[rt-users] can't view 'killed' tickets but they're in the DB

Brett Dikeman bdikeman at bitpipe.com
Thu Nov 13 16:04:16 EST 2003

Hi all,

Someone just noticed that we can't view dead/killed tickets in our system.

Poking around in the database, I can clearly see thousands of killed
tickets, but when I perform the exact same search in rt, I get zero
results, just as the user noted.

About the only thing I can think of is:

a)a user accidentally deleted a slew of open tickets and I had to do a
manual update.  That was quite a while ago and only operated on a
specific subset of data(ie the update was restricted  to a specific time
range, last-modified-by, and queue).

b)we purged all tickets marked killed from certain queues a month or two
ago, moving them into a new table until we were positive we wanted them
zapped.

I don't see how either could be related, but I can't think of what else
would be causing this problem.

This is version 2.0.15, with a MySQL 3.xx backend.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Brett