[rt-users] Perl upgrade from 5.8.0 to 5.8.2 breaks install

Alex Soares de Moura alex at nc-rj.rnp.br
Fri Nov 14 11:05:54 EST 2003

Irvine Short wrote:

> Hey All
>
> I had RT 3.06 running like a dream on Perl 5.8.0 but this afternoon a
> fellow sysadmin upgraded Perl on that box (FreeBSD 4.9-stable) to 5.8.2
> and now RT is pretty much broken.
>
> When I click on a queue I get the error below. Any ideas much appreciated!
>
> Is there any easy way for me to get RT to use a custom version of perl?

I've noticed that I had to reinstall all ports related to perl to fix this
problem. A "portupgrade -fr perl perl" should do, but it'll take a while.
Some safe and optimizing tips are:

1) portupgrade -Fr perl
2) Comment all perl related crontab entries and stop apache.
3) portupgrade -r perl
4) Uncomment all perl related crontab entries and start apache.

Best regards,

Alex