[rt-users] RTFM - articles with attachments

BJ Blanchard blabj at dainty.ca
Mon Nov 17 15:56:51 EST 2003

The RT/RTFM combination is great, but I have alot of external documents
which I would like reference as an "external article".  (IE.  I don't
want to copy/paste text into article)  The Attachment feature of RT is
excellent but (currently) doesn't extend to RTFM.

Having an RTFM custom field type of "Attachment" would be sooo sweet.

Are there plans for this functionality in the future?

I can fudge this by creating an "Article" queue, and creating "tickets"
with attachments and restrict rights on the queue so it becomes
essentially "query only".  But this breaks the mold of what a "ticket"
is.

Thoughts?

-Bob