[rt-users] can't view 'killed' tickets but they're in the DB

Brett Dikeman bdikeman at bitpipe.com
Tue Nov 18 16:34:36 EST 2003

Phil Homewood wrote:
> Brett Dikeman wrote:
>
>>Someone just noticed that we can't view dead/killed tickets in our system.
>

> Working as designed. Killed tickets are effectively "deleted",
> and should not be returned in any search.

Actually- not quite.  When tickets are killed, they're still searchable
if you select "status killed".  The value is there in the popup, and our
users have been using it for months if not years now.  Every once in a
while we move any tickets marked killed into a seperate table RT doesn't
know about, and then purge them completely after a waiting period.

Brett