[rt-users] Re: critical bug with german letter

Hanno Mueller hanno.mueller at epublica.de
Wed Nov 19 02:44:49 EST 2003

Hi,

as described, the bug happens with the web gui.

I can send an email with Umlauts to a queue. Umlaut characters in that
message will be displayed correctly by the web gui.

If I try to write a comment or a reply to the same message using the web
gui, the Umlauts I enter there will be broken.

Jesse Vincent schrieb:

>>I'll see what I can do about that. In the meantime, it'd be nice to know
>>your I18N configuration for Apache and for RT.
>
> Perl 5.8.0, with mod_perl1 or fastcgi. Apache 1.3.27. Mysql 4.0.9 or
> 4.0.16 or Postgres 7.3.3 or 7.3.4. RT 3.0.7

But what are your I18N settings for Apache, RT and Mysql?

Btw, I'm running

RT 3.0.7_01
Apache 1.3.26 (with Debian backports)
Mysql 3.23.49 (with Debian backports)

I did not change the I18N settings of RT.

I tried Apache with "AddDefaultCharset on" and with "AddDefaultCharset
utf-8" - this didn't fix the problem.

Thanks,

Hanno